Another couple of jobs. The old leaf springs had more or less rusted solid and were very flat, i've no idea how old they were but they'd seen better days. Having hunted through the internet for the best option for replacement I decided on Rocky Mountain parabolics, there are many arguments for and against para's but the ease of maintainance and a bit of extra ground clearance sold it for me. It was getting a bit cold for this sort of thing but thanks to the help of my brother (and a grinder) it was a reasonably straight forward job and it is nice bolting shiny new bits on...  
         
     
         
     
     
     
         
     
         
     
         
  As it was heading into winter wanted to do something about the canvas, my old cab top was full of holes and was more gaffa tape than canvas, I was also fed up of the tub being full wet and horible so have changed to a full length canvas instead. I couldn't afford a new set of hoops and a canvas so ebay came to the rescue. Unfortunatily the canvas I did get was only £20 and has as many holes as my old one but it will do the job for the moment.  
         
     
         
     
         
     
      Because I do use the landy quite a bit fully loaded and with my trailer I went for heavy duty rear springs, the down side of these springs is that it's lifted the back far more than the front. I was warned that this would be the case but the suppliers have also assured me that they would settle down a bit, which I hope they do because at the moment it looks a bit silly! I do like the full canvas though...